What’s new in dental technology? From no pain to less time in the chair, discover what’s happening in the world of dentistry today.
- Chart Digitization. No more paper to organize. Chart digitization also helps offices stay earth-friendly.
- Dental Lasers. Sure beats the drill! Experts say that the laser will “reduce bleeding, risk of infection and discomfort, and allow for faster healing and speedier procedures.” Something we all want. Check out the details here: http://www.allbusiness.com/technology/884966-1.html.
- Dental Implants. No more dentures! The thought was a dream once but now has become a reality. Replace not only the crown but the root.
- Digital X-rays in 3D. See it all at every angle and with every detail imaginable. Transfer the data to a video monitor and view your teeth in all of its glory inside the examination room. Digital x-rays also admit 90% less radiation.
- DIAGNOdent Decay Detection. Find out if you have cavities quickly using this laser instrument that checks your teeth pain free.
- Healozone. No injection, the stuff (Ozone) takes care of your early tooth decay in one zap. Read the article here: http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/fun_dentistry.html.
- Invisalign. Invisible braces! Amazing! Straighten teeth without the railroad tracks. Or, if you want to be daring, choose a color.
- OraVerse reverses numbness following your exam. No more numb lips!
- Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning takes care of stains, bacteria and plaque buildup with no scraping or pain.
- VELscope helps your dentist to “visualize abnormalities in the mucosal tissues of your lips, mouth and upper throat,” states the VELscope website. Doctors can see your overall oral health in less than 2 minutes.
- Waterlase uses water and laser for dentistry procedures. It is “more comfortable” “more convenient” and “more precise” states laserdentistry.com.
New technology is truly a wonder. What more could a patient want than greater comfort, no pain and even more time in a busy day to do what they really want?